View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #83
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaZ06 View Post
Dont let everyone tell you that the only way you can get a high paying job is with a college education, that pure BS. I have over 40 employees that make over 60k a year and none of them have a degree and my foreman make well over a 100k. In the past five years I have hired college students for summer work, 90% of them are now full time......I'm not saying buy a Camaro instead, just dont listen to all the no degree no job BS.
guess it depends on whether or not you want to work in a trade/labor field or in an office where you stare at a computer all day and gossip about how your one co-worker slept with the other one. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, I don't know how you're gonna get any money w/o a degree though. I guess Bill Gates and Kanye West did it though.

but seriously. College is not for everyone. If you don't thrive in a classroom environment, you probably shouldn't waste your money going to college and getting below a 3.0. Because most employers won't hire you if you have lower than a 3.0. So This guy is right, think about what you are good at and strive to do that before getting the instant gratification of a car.