View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #1371
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeAkc View Post
Hey everyone. Just joined the forum today. Planning on ordering a new SS in the spring when I get back from a deployment . Figured I would go ahead and introduce myself as I will likely have a bunch of questions. This will be my first brand new car AND my first muscle car I got a brand new motorcycle (first new bike) this past spring and boy was that a learning experience. Learned how valuable these forums can be. I got to test drive a SS yesterday and it blew my socks off and I've been in love since.

So my first questions are (please feel free to kindly direct me to the appropriate thread to ask my questions):
Is there anything you guys felt you could have lived without when ordering your new camaro and then wished you would have gotten after you got the car?

What are the differences between the 1SS and 2SS models? The website wasn't very clear on what the differences were. Is the 2SS worth the extra $4K?

What is the preferred break in method for a brand spankin new 6.2 V8? When I broke in my 2014 FZ-09 is the motoman method (http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm it's a long read but makes sense and everyone on the forum for the bike recommended it and my bike runs great after following this method) Is there a preferred method or does everyone follow the owners manual?

Thank in advance for any info you guys can give. I'll be scouring this forum for other great advice.
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

(Disclaimer - No camaro yet, but a shit ton of research). So, the 1SS and the 2SS are the grown up versions of the 1LT and 2LT (SS has V8, LT has V6). The difference between the 1 and the 2 is the level of creature comfort. The 1LT and 1SS don't have much technology, whereas the 2LT and 2SS have HUD, Remote Start, ect. I am with you in how poorly the GM website explains this.

So far as I can tell (for the break-in), most people tend to do a "soft" break in. This generally follows the owners manual, and is what I will do. Here is the most recent thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382725

Good luck!
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote