View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #51
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik1985 View Post
Any other vendors sell the Bo White TB and accept core return?
I'm the only one that does currently. Quite a few people are patiently waiting for a core exchange deal, but at the end of the day, Bo is only one man and can only do so much at a time.

That said, these GM throttle bodies are MASS PRODUCED. There is always going to be some variance to them stock right out of the box. Some cars that roll off the line are on the ragged edge of running even with a stock tb.

That said, $#!7 happens. You're modifying a STOCK part to perform better than it normally would. Get a TB that's on the ragged edge of the mass produced variance port the crap out of it and you're bound to get a failure every now and then.

I've had maybe 5 "bad" BW units that have been reported in almost a year of selling them. If someone has a problem we are both (Bo or myself) quick to rectify the situation. Generally a replacement ported BW is sent out and the problem is solved. We get the "bad" units back and test them on our personal cars. To date, out of all the "bad" units that have come back, only ONE was truly A DEAD unit. Once tested to be ok the other "bad" units that don't agree with a certain car are sent somewhere else (generally local to Bo so he can keep an eye on them) and NO ONE has had a problem with them...

I've read of this reduced power problem happening a handful of times even with this CNC ported VMAX!!! Its a modified STOCK part, it's bound to happen. And at that, I've read of more problems with the car being put into reduced power mode with that Cracker Jack electronic throttle device than problems with both the BW or VMAX throttle bodies combined!

That's my .02

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 04-25-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote