View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 11:03 AM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Man you folks jump to conclusions quick. This is far from the demise of the muscle-sports car. This is a market indicator based on the needs of the consumer (i.e. larger vehicle) where a significant ROI can be obtained.

There will always be a niche market for the small volume sports car like the Camaro and Mustang. Just like there will always be a market for the luxury sports car.

The intermediate and full size sedan category is the entirely too flooded. The Impala, Fusion, Cruze, etc. are struggling mightily against the likes of the Accord, Civic and Camry. Where Ford and GM has a leg up on their competitors is in the SUV segment, so why not capitalize on it? This move makes perfect sense given the current state of the automotive industry. It doesn’t mean that Ford will never sell another mid-size or full size sedan at some point when the market dictates the need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My fear is that they won't be able to get back to midsize cars quick enough if that is what the market dictates. This to me has history repeating itself but instead of the domestic automakers making shitty cars, they will be making no cars lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote