View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Finally Installed CF5s - Got a "Clunk" Noise

Yesterday, I finally got my tires mounted on my Forgestar CF5s. Today, I installed the wheels with the supplied hubcentric rings. Torqued the lug nuts to 100lbs. Took the car for some slow figure 8 turns in a big parking lot outside of my warehouse. When I made a left turn, there was a "clunk, clunk, clunk" coming from the rear. I took the car back into the warehouse to see if anything was rubbing in the rear. Checked the lugs on the rear wheels and 3 of the 5 lug nuts on the left rear wheel needed to be tightened again. Took the car back out for figure 8s. Same thing - "clunk, cluck, clunk" on left turns and minor, occasional "clunks" when driving straight. Took the car back into the warehouse and tried to remove the left rear wheel to make sure the hub ring was ok. The wheel is stuck on.... I can't get it off! I hit the tire a few times with a rubber mallet hoping to loosen it up, but no luck. (Didn't try to remove the rear right wheel). I'd like to try and pull off the rear wheels to check them out and see if the hug ring is ok. Any thoughts on getting them off and what the noise may be? If I can't figure it out - I'll take it to the installer who mounted tires on the wheels on Monday.

Also - the stock Camaro wheels are torqued to 100lbs. Is this ok for the Forgestar wheels or is there a recommended setting for them?
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote