View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #54
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
I have NEVER read nor heard of the master cylinder failing...not a single one...now if some has please provide where it came from...tks..

what does fail is the slave...why? if you went the the ranger method link and read it top to bottom you will see where due to the seal design clutch dust can migrate into the slave..bad because it's abrasive! Now the monster billet support helps with after market clutches that have higher clamping and the stock slave support will fail over time...but the seals are the same so the same prob exists..

only true solution is an after market slave unit that addresses this specific issue. until then the frequent brake/clutch fluid exchanges work for me. good luck!

You know, the "compensation port" post actually explicitly states the CSC (clutch slave cylinder) will fail. The port itself is simply a feature of the master cylinder.

So you told someone they were wrong, and then stated exactly what they stated.

Anyway. If anyone with a V6 comes across this, I recommend against trying it. Even though the hydraulic system should be nearly identical (I also have an Ideal Garage SS master cylinder and a Monster twin disc + slave now), I tried removing the clutch assist spring with the stock clutch and with my twin disc and both times the clutch pedal consistency was gone and it never shifted quite right. My friend with a 15 GT gave me the ideal originally for the same reason the SS guys have stated, and his car with vs without the spring was an obvious improvement, which is why I tried it.

Funny, I've been doing the ranger method since I got the car though. The transmission gets so hot driving normally on the highway it seems like it just cooks the clutch fluid, but fresh fluid makes it drive perfectly again.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote