View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #34
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I haven't seen any concrete info on weight. Who said it'll be 4200 pounds? And actually, even if it is and it has 700+ hp that may be enough to not matter. Hellcats are over 4500lbs and can keep up or beat a ZL1 in a straight line.

What's everybody's problem with the gear selector knob? It's just there to select park, reverse, neutral, drive, and manual mode. Most Ford vehicles have that now and manufacturers commonly keep switchgear like that common across their lineups. It's cool to me since the car doesn't need a floor mounted shifter and it unclutters that console area.

This car will not sticker any $100k. How does this "look" like it will be the one? If we're talking markups, GT350R's have already crossed that mark.

The DCT is a brand new transmission from Tremec. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first car it is used in. And you must be joking about the GT350 being a flop? They were far from a flop. The R's still go for over sticker price to this day, and it's over 3 years after launch. The regular models still command sticker or very small discounts at most. You're very wrong here.

Several forum members have broken into the 10's with A10 ZL1's, but it's not common. If he GT500 can put the power down, and has well over 700hp, it will be faster no doubt.

I think the "flop" he is talking about is the quality. Who cares about some made up price that some idiot will pay. I had the GT350 and there were too many problems with it so I got the ZL1. No problems. The GT350 engine oil usage is so bad that Ford changed the normal usage to 500 miles per quart because they were tired of replacing engines. That was the usage on mine. POS. Done with Ford....

Ok sorry, I digressed. Forgive me for I have sinned.....

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote