View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I want my 2SS/RS so bad, I was willing to...

Before I get into that, I ordered my black-on-black 2SS/RS on 11/14, after much trouble trying to find an MSRP dealer. 'Turns out I was only the 7th one to order out of their allocation of 24. Over the past 2 months, I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to sell my beautiful, well-maintained G35 coupe privately.

With the miles adding up quickly (almost 55K) and the warranty up in a few months, I decided to see what dealers would give me. Surprisingly, the Chevy dealership I ordered my Camaro from offered $500 more than the Infiniti dealer (around Kelly trade-in value). While it was over $4K less than I wanted (and owed) for it, I felt I had no choice, as nobody else was biting, but to take the offer, since I'm sure the trade-in value would drop drastically if I waited 'til the 60K mile mark.

Fortunately, I got a big tax refund that covered most of the difference. All I have to do now is suffer through the next 6-8 weeks (hopefully not more than that) driving my friend's old '94 Ford Ranger 4-banger w/ power-NOTHING that needs a tune-up in the worst way; LOL. At least I should save at least $1K driving it during that time (difference between old car payment and what I'm paying him to rent it), if it doesn't break down (knock on wood). This all will just make the delivery of my 2SS/RS even more sweet and worth the trouble--I can't wait!

P.S. On another positive note, the sales manager told me my order should get pushed through to GM the 3rd or 4th week of this month and that the person at #6 cancelled their order, so I moved up a spot! He then said that, based on the progress of the event codes for the first order, he estimates my car to be ready in 6-8 weeks--just in time for my B-day.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote