View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Talking

ooh love this topic, here goes (takes a sip of water)

car 1: 1977 or 1978 (not sure of the year) Chevrolet Monza 2 door notchback coupe. it had the old 2.5l inline 4 with a auto tranny. my dad got it for me when i was 14 it was to be my first car but it had so many problems that we decided to get rid of it and get a a better car. I never had it registered or had plates on it so its only on this list cause it was my 'first car'.

car 2: 1980 Chevrolet Malibu Classic coupe. 305 V8 with Eldebrock intake, and Holley 4 barrel carb under a all stock car. Only had AM/FM with 8 track (in a 1980 model year car ) AC (did not work) and auto tranny (blew out my first few weeks of ownership, put in one from a 78 corvette ). After high school we gave it a minor exterior restoration, removed the rubber roof, repainted the car from dull gray to 78 Corvette light silver (lower color of 78 Indy pace car Vette). car was totaled in a massive t bone collision in Daytona Beach when we first moved there from NY.

car 3: 1987 Plymouth Turismo 'Duster', bought at a used car lot that was on a guys lawn (that should have raised a red flag there ). being it was the 'duster' model it had every option but sunroof, chrome wheels, rear wing, full gauges, etc. car was a big POS, bad carb, leaky AC hoses, clanked when hit a bump, radio did not work, and the headliner (not just the fabric, but the panel it was 'glued to') came down on me. dealership that sold it went out of business shortly after i bought it so i fixed what needed fixing on it and re sold it. had the carb rebuilt, put in new AC hoses, had the headliner re clipped to the sheet metal of the roof, and put in a working factory radio out of a dodge caravan. sold the car for like 300 bucks LESS than i paid for it. that car left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth i said would NEVER buy a front drive Chrysler corporation car ever again (but that would not last, see car: 7 )

car 4: 1986 Toyota SR5 extended cab 4x4 pickup. I bought this truck of the original owner other than some missing bits it was IDENTICAL to the truck Michael J Fox had in the back to the future films. i replaced the missing things like grill and roll bar light covers and installed the correct wheels tires that were not on the truck. sadly it was totaled in a roll over somewhere in the middle of Virgina and was not drivable anymore .

car 5: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro T top sport coupe, next to my Malibu this is my favorite car and the most fun. had a 305 V8 with a throttle body, which gave it decent power but I lived in Florida so it was more than enough grunt to get me down the road or on the freeways. had a Grant aftermarket steering wheel and American Racing chrome mag wheels on white letter tires. god i loved this car but being it had the 305 and it had almost 150k on the clock it was loosing oil pressure. so i sold the car but i got 300 MORE than i paid for it by including the Pioneer head unit and 6 disc CD changer i had in the back of the car. I wish i would have just kept it and bought a newer motor or a 350 motor from another GM car, oh well.

car 6: 1995 Ford Thunderbird 40th Anniversary Edition. this is easily the nicest and most luxurious car I have ever owned. had the 4.6 V8 motor same one as the current mustang, and the t bird actually got the 4.6 2 years before the mustang did . had power everything, leather interior, with dual power seats, JBL sound system, moonroof, keyless entry with those cool keypad on the door inside the door handle recess to lock or unlock the car or pop the trunk without using the keyring. sadly the car was totaled in 2002 when it was rear ended in a collision by a guy doing 60 mph on a back road while i was stopped. i used the insurance money to buy my mom's car off of her for a good deal (car number 7).

car 7: 2000 Dodge Stratus SE sedan, had the very smooth and peppy 2.4 DOHC inline four mated to a 4 speed auto tranny. this car was VERY quick for what it was, being a smallish light weight car. had power everything, AC, decent stereo, but i replaced it with all Pioneer including speakers shortly after i got it. I took this car to Florida from NY and back 3 times. it had plenty of punch on the highway for a 4 cylinder car, and got great fuel economy. I would not go out of my way to buy another, but for a daily driver in NY it did the job well, sold it 2 years ago to a co worker when could not drive for a year (long story).

car 8: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS aka Monty, my current car. I bought it off of my dad after my 1 year vacation from driving in NY and needed a new car. he recently retired and did not need his work car anymore so he sold me his 2004 Monte to me last summer for a VERY good deal. It is one of the nicest smoothest, most comfortable car I have owned.......yet. Has without a doubt next to my old T bird's JBL system, the NICEST factory sound system I have ever heard in a car, with factory CD too. I have yet to have the speakers swapped out from OEM to aftermarket (i kept the speakers i had in my Stratus and they were same size as the ones in the Monte), they are that good. I still have the car and will hold onto it for a while, as of this posting it has 147k on the clock and is still squeak and rattle free, i swear it feels like a new car as do my friends .