View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
1- Remote starters

He is dead wrong! The absolute worst thing you can do is start an engine at -15C and hammer the gas! The oil is too thick to properly lubricate pretty much the entire engine. Proper oil lubrication will not occur unit the oil is thin enough to properly circulate the engine. That can take as much as 15-20 mins! Some parts are splash lubricated, meaning they are lubricated from the oil spraying around and off of other parts, such as cylinder walls. If the oil is too thick these parts aren't getting any oil. From a safety point of view, is soon as you breath inside a cold car you will fog up the windows. You need WARM air to defrost the windows to be able to see. "...driving gloves..." what is, the 1920's? Seriously, most remotes starters are only a few hundred bucks anyway!

2 - Fog Lights.

Anytime me and my car are safer because the other drivers can see me better, I am for that! What is all his stupid talk about a 12 gauge for?

3 - Sunroof

Agree 100%

4 - Leather

Agree 100%

5 - Mirror hangy things

Agree 100%

6 - transponder ignitions

Agree 50% Push button is dumb, but overall small. It is a step towards the future and innovation, get use to it.

7 - Paint Protection.

Agree 95% Some people don't want to wax/polish their own but still want a nice finish.

8 - Undercoating

Agree 70% If plan on keeping your car for longer than the warranty period and drive in Canada you will need some extra protection.

9 - Spoilers

Some cars look just horribly ugly with nothing back there!

10 - Steering wheel covers.

Who cares? They are $12!
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote