View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #314
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Did you read the first post of this thread? That's pretty darn official.
Yes, the door panels and dash inserts are the same color as the interior you choose. There's pictures of this in various places.
Yes I read the first post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Official word:

There have been many inquiries from customers who saw a very early pre-production photo of the Camaro interior. The photo displayed a blue ambient light traveling across the top of the door panel inserts and on to the dash. This early concept proved to be very popular, and the product team worked on developing a similar feature for the production model.

As a result an ambient lighting feature is now a standard condition with the start of production on all 2LT and 2SS models. This light will have a light blue tint with Black, Neutral and Gray interiors, and reddish-orange tint when the Inferno Orange Interior Package is ordered. This feature is only in the door panels and not across the dash as the concept photo originally illustrated.

This feature is not an orderable option, but will be included on all 2LT and 2SS models at the start of production. No action is required by the customers or dealers to receive this feature.

At the Cleveland Auto Show this weekend, we plan to show an image of how the light is displayed and answer questions.

Our goal was to have the look of the early rendering (and it was just a rendering -- never an announced feature), but there were a couple of issues with execution. In the end, a desire to have the highest quality look, fit and feel for the interior won out (which is the way it should be). I know some will be disappointed, but I still think in the end we have the best in class interior.
Where does it answer my question about the door trim being the same color as the cloth interior you choose?? But thank you for answering even though it was in a not so nice way...