View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Dealer repaired tire. Warranty?

I had a tire go flat at speed 80mph. The left rear went down immediately but the Camaro handled great until I could get it stopped. Once stopped I had no cell service so I used OnStar. I also tried the inflation/sealer kit and it did not work to seal or inflate the tire. Anyway it had to be towed and this was covered under warranty. Once back to town I went and had a few beers with friends at a bar and told them about had happened to me and I spent 6 hours on the interstate doing all this. One of my friends that works for a Dodge dealership said the bumper to bumper warranty should cover the tires and that the Pzeros can’t be patched since they are a speed rated tire. So on Monday I took the wheel and tire to the dealership and they patched it then charged me $15 to do it. So I went to the parts department to get another bottle of sealer. They had to order it and said it would cost $38. Yesterday was the first day that I have taken the car back out on the interstate and it has a small but noticeable vibration at 65-75. I’m sure it’s the left rear “patched” tire.
My questions are this.
Should I have to pay for the tire repair and sealer bottle? Is that covered under warranty?
Should the dealership have repaired the tire? Isn’t there some liability since it is a higher speed rated tire?