View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #778
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I don't think the Lingenfelter kit is the same part at all. I think it's beefier and I'm a bit jealous of Russ' choice! I think he did the right thing for his build. Although I do agree there is a bit of mark up because it says "Lingenfelter" on it.

But, I also think the DSS kit will hold up to my power goals and it was within my budget.

We all have to make trade offs between what we would like to have vs what will actually do the job and we can afford.
I don't know if the 9.5" is so much better than a 9" kit just because it's a bigger casing. But, the casing is part of the overall kit. That is my point. Pick your case and or pumpin in some cases 9.5 or 9" put what you want in it.

The consensus form most of the "experts" I've spoke to have the opinion that the 9" is the most popular, compatible, interchangeable, rear on the market because it's been around so long. Is the 12 bolt, 10.5 or 9.5 stronger or better, I don't know for sure, but I don't think a lot of people are using them on their SS's so only time will tell once more people start using them. But, so far I have not seen or heard about anyone busting up a 9" and there are a lot of 1000rwhp. SS's floating around with them installed so I'll just base my opinion on that point alone.

I'd actually like to read Russ' point if he'll post it. I don't mind being wrong or learning something if he as feedback I'm not aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
Maybe it was installation... but I had ARD install the first one, then another mechanic install the new ones up in Michigan. but... hmm... we will see i guess... i wil keep an eye on it.

OH... Russ knows the auto industry.. industry in general. Its part of his job.
he is also one of my good friends... I am sure he will post up his point of view when he gets to it.

I also wondered what he disagreed with... but i didnt question what he knows. SOOO Russ... get your ass out of bed and get on here. hehehe

as for the the mark up and piecing together a kit... I agree with you.. its an option... i have done it already on my car in other areas... sometimes it is just worth it to get the whole sha-bang in one spot... have the shop warranty and lean back and crack a beer.

The DSS is no different form LPE... but because of the name LPE... i think they may have a bit larger % mark up.
I don't know Russ personally, so I'd like to know what he's referring to as well and if he's in the auto industry that's all good perhaps I'll swallow prevous assumption and learn something if he'll reply. I questioned what he knows because he didn't post what he knows that I may not. However, I don't think anything I said was not on point for the most part.

Last edited by calbert1999; 02-17-2012 at 11:56 AM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote