Thread: Camaro In Italy
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #21
F4st1DiO

Drives: Peugeot 208 e-HDI Allure
Send a message via MSN to F4st1DiO Send a message via Skype™ to F4st1DiO
How to import Camaro in Italy / Come importare Camaro in Italia

ENG:

I spent the last days calling USA & Germany and looking for forums, to understand what an Italian person has to do to import a Camaro in Italy.

The first step is to find a delaer in USA which is reliable.
Looking at some website like Auto Scout, mobile.de you can easily find USA dealers that already have a reseller in Europe (mainly in Germany).
Personally I choosed "Autohaus" asking for a Camaro 2LT saw on mobile.de at 24900€.

After talking via Skype with the dealer I found that the car shipment, duty and taxes are about 1000€. At this point you have to spend the car price + 1000€ to have the Camaro ready in Germany with temporary license plate (valid for 60 days) with assurance.

Now we have to travel to the reseller in Germany, pay, bring the car and come back to Italy. Usually the European dealers are placed in the North of Germany, near Denmark so there are a lot of km to do to come back to Italy...

Once in Italy we have to go to the local Motorizzazione, to enrol the car to the P.R.A. (Pubblico Registro Automobilistico) and receive the Italian Licence Plates.
Here at this moment we have to pay the IVA (Imposta Valori Aggiunti... the Italian VAT) which is 20% of the Car value. At this time we have spent car price + 1000€ + 20%.

If the Camaro is used, and has more than 6000 km and more of 6 months of lifetime the IVA is assolved and we don't need to pay nothing.

ITA:

Allora ragazzi, in questi giorni ho chiamato USA e Germania per cercare di capire come fare ad importare una Camaro in Italia.

Prima di tutto bisogna trovare un conessionario in USA che sia affidabile.
Cercando su Auto Scout, mobile.de potete facilmente trovare concessionari USA che già si appoggiano a rivenditori in europei (in Germania principalmente).
Io ho scritto ad Autohaus chiedendo un preventivo di una Camaro 2LT vista sul sito mobile.de a 24900€.

Dopo aver sentito via Skype il venditore, ho scoperto che la spedizione, le tasse e la dogana ammontano a 1000€. A questo punto il prezzo dell'auto equivale al prezzo dell'auto +1000€ per avere la Camaro in Germania pronta su strada con targhe temporanee (valide 60 giorni) assicurazione e bollo.

Ora non rimane che andare in Germania a ritirare l'auto, pagarla, e tornare in Italia.. Solitamente i concessionati sono a nord della Germania, a ridosso della Danimarca e quindi per tornare in Italia ci sono un bel po di km da fare...

Una volta in Italia, bisogna andare in Motorizzazione per iscrivere l'auto al PRA e prendere le targhe italiane. ATTENZIONE AD AVERE LA SCHEDA TECNICA E TUTTI I DOCUMENTI. Con le targhe verrà anche richiesta la fattura d'acquisto dell'auto e si dovrà versare l'IVA corrispondente al 20% del prezzo d'acquisto dell'auto... e son dolori!
Prezzo auto + 1000€ + 20%.

Se la Camaro è usata ed è immatricolata da più di 6 mesi e ha più di 6000km al contachilometri L'IVA RISULTA GIA' ASSOLTA E NON DEVE ESSERE PAGATA.