Thread: G5.R
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #802
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'm going to need some privacy for a little while...

Holy mackerel, what amazing work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
NO kidding, that is amazing work....

Better than strippers in a Motley Crew Video... (well, almost ;o)

-Don
You guys are too funny, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Good to see it coming together... really good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Oooh boy so close I cant wait to see numbers on this thing. Cant wait to see weight on this car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I have to say, this is going to be one hell of a project to beat.

The attention to detail, the man hrs. Its truly incredible.

I know some people are wanting to see this project done, me... I can wait, because once its done, its on to the next build.

My only questions are, are you guys still selling the front and rear frames?

And, once completed, what's going to happen to this C5R? Auction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Good lord, that's beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I have to come see this thing in person when it's finished.

Also stop deleting this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Adams View Post
Mannn, i love to pass here once in a while... im so astonished by all this work... lots of cool ideas come in mind to work on my car!!! Congratulations guys!! The best Thread of the Forum!!! And for sure the best build i have seen!!! Why dont you guys try to make an youtube channel to post video updates and some work on the car... look for the "badobsessionmotorsport" channel and their project Binky...you guys would crash the internet if do something like it...

Cheers,
Henrique Adams
Thanks guys for the props! We really appreciate the support.

Henrique, I watch one of the "badobsessionmotorsport" videos, that awesome! We wish we had more time to do stuff like that but it's a battle just to keep this thread updated, LOL.

Here a few more pics. All the bolts are ARP with the Moreno touch.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  269.2 KB

Ram slave

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  102.2 KB

We replaced the Mantic with a RPS dual carbon disc setup. The decision was due primary to Robert's recommendation.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  144.6 KB

Underside pics of the breather for the vapor tank. We install one for the diff and a second for the gas tank.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  98.0 KB

Stock alternator was replaced with a DC power setup. They normally only machine the front half. The rear half will be a casting. We had them machine both halves for us. Then we had them gray anodized before they put it back together for us.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  230.9 KB
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  200.0 KB
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  121.4 KB

We ran into a snag, the alternator sat to close to the fitting on the PS rack. This prevented us from being able to install the PS line. The biggest challenge is that nobody makes a 90 degree PS fitting. So we had to come up with our own solution......, we cut the AN side off the fitting, drill and tap it for a banjo fitting. This gave us the 90 degree bend we needed to clear the alternator and install the line. Now we just need to have XRP make us a new high pressure PS line with a 90 degree hose end to make everything work.

Name:  8.png
Views: 1094
Size:  270.5 KB

We made a bunch of brackets that will need powder coating. Here is one for the Ram clutch adjuster.

Name:  IMG_5069.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  210.1 KB

I don't know how many hours or how many coats we have into the hood vents

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  131.3 KB

We received the 2" shorter drive shaft today from Frank at DSS. We have got to say Frank has been one of the best all around guy we have dealt with on our project. And thats saying a lot!!!

Name:  IMG_5079[1].jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  262.4 KB