View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #106
drdivo
DrDivo

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknoprep View Post
First, let me say thanks for the wonderful forum & thread. I've been looking everywhere for information on MyLink, and this place delivered!

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Equinox, and was bummed when I heard that the 2014 Chevy models were being updated with Siri Eyes Free:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1014-siri.html

I purchased the 2013 model because I was told the 13/14 Equinox were exactly the same, and there were no added benefits for the 2014 Equinox. I am constantly driving for work, and the hands-free functionality of Siri would be highly beneficial for me. Given your extensive knowledge, including The Stig's wonderful posts, what do you guys think about the following:

-Do you think Chevy will also release an update for the 2013 model year cars with MyLink?
-Is the hardware the same in the 2013 & 2014 MyLink models?
-Are the systems across different car models (Camero, Equinox, etc) the same, or do they have different software?
-Does Siri Eyes Free require any extra hardware, or is it just a software update?
-If they don't release it for the 2013 cars and it is compatible, do you think there will be a way to obtain the 2014 file and do a self-update on my 2013?

As others have said, the MyLink support has not been very helpful on this issue. They don't know anything about software version #'s or updates, simply, check with your local dealer.

Thanks so much!!
What I have from the "Horse's Mouth" is that the 2013 MyLink won't get the Siri Eyes Free and that it's a hardware issue, not a software issue. At least for the 2013 Camaro. Not all the Chevy models have the same MyLink hardware.