View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Thats funny! Toyota produces more American jobs than the BIG 3. Tundras are BUILT in Austin not like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge exporting assembly jobs to Mexico and Canada.

And before you say the money goes to Japan! Toyota North America is its on entity, not saying some of the profits go overseas but the majority is reinvested in American production and its companies here.

Traded a 2007 Tundra and the 5.7 in it was a beast! Also had a 2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 put 285,000 miles on it! Got ran over and off the road by a tractor trail, flipped it four times (survived because of the quaility build), got $4500 out of the insurance company and watch the guy drive the "totaled" truck until the flatbed wrecker at the impound yard...Yea their garbage!! LOL....
You're right on here. I don't see how anyone can even pose an arguement other than one strictly based on opinion about how Toyota is bad company or even criticize someone for buying one vs. an American named one. I say named because that is the main difference.

The 5.7 in this truck is a monster. Don't forget they basically used a Chevy 350 block and tweaked it with DOHC and other internals. I'm running it at the local 1/8th mile track and I'll compare my timeslips with my best from the Camaro.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote