View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #32
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
The IPhone app is pretty close IF you cal it just before the run. That's the ET part. The MPH is another story though.
Here's the app VS a time slip....

I'll do more testing on the Kat when I get back out to the track...
Yes ...the Iphone app. is Very close on the 1/4 mi ET, can't ask for better than that !
But on MPH it is off 11.92MPH in the 1/4mi. That is not good at all, So for 0-60mph runs it would be off App.6.66 MPH...That's way too much.

Bottom line: the app. is great for ET. but no good for MPH.... You need MPH to get 0-60mph times.

I hope you get to ck. the KAT Matrix at the track.
I know it is NOT 100% accurate but, My guess is it may be off app. 2 MPH in the 0-60 run.....& Not 6 or 7mph like the app.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also as you said, Quote:
Remember, no times are considered totally ligit unless there's a time slip attached. The Kat Matrix timer is a pretty good tool for comparasons but is not (IMHO) a certified register of 0-60 or 1/4 mile times. No offense guys (I have one too) but it just don't count unless it's done at the strip....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do agree with that 100 %.................
I use the KAT to see the VAST difference the weather as in the DA makes on the times.... Plus the SMALL difference the Exhaust & intake etc. make.
My KAT Matrix has been pretty consistent in my 39: 0-60mph runs even thou it is NOT 100% accurate for sure.

Last edited by 97one; 11-21-2009 at 12:37 PM.
97one is offline   Reply With Quote