View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #22
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
You are much better rinsing and foaming out of direct sunlight. I'd consider upgrading from a Wal-Mart foam gun to something better and to buy actual foam gun soap. I've done the rinse/foam/2 bucket wash/electric leaf blower method for 5 years now. If the leaf blower isn't shooting the water right off in large beads, you need to clay bar your car and put down some kind of protective layer. The leaf blower is a miracle cure for great paint and a waste of time for neglected paint.
Lol, I usually wash my car in the evening to avoid the direct sunlight but I was bored and it was hot outside so I figured I get a bit of cool water on me while washing the car.. I also figured I’d experiment with the cheap foam gun to see how I like the concept before spending more for a good gun.

I already took the blower back. I just really like drying the old school way plus it was a little bit of a hassle dragging the cord out.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote