View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
2010-2014 Scosche 2.0 dash kit wiring

Since the instructions that come with this kit only cover 3/4 of the wiring I decided to start this thread in the hope that between all of us we can put together a correct list of connections.

Anyone that has completed this install should be able to help out here so please let us know what wire goes where as there are a couple of colours that don’t match up and a few more that don’t get mentioned in the instructions.

Added Aug 21st.... So with my install I just connected the like coloured wires on the Scosche loom to the wires on the Kenwood loom, except the Pink wire. You need them all connected for all finction to work. All in all pretty straight forward in spite of the very vague instructions from Scosche.

The speaker wires are straight forward:

White = LF+
White/Black = LF-
Grey = RF+
Grey/Black. = RF-
Green. = LR+
Green/Black. = LR-
Violet. = RR+
Viilot/Black. = RR-

Power:
Yellow. = 12 volts constant
Black. = Chassis Ground

Blue/White. = 12 volts + to Amp Remote
Red. = 12 volts Switched via ignition switch.

Pink. = Speed Pulse VSS. This is very rarely connected in 99% of installs.
Light Green. = Park Brake Trigger. Only allows DVD operation when vehicle stopped with hand brake on. You also need this wire connected so you can adjust the camera guide lines.
Violet/White. = Reverse trigger (12 volts + when in reverse).

Blue. = Antenna amplifier. I also used this wire to power the cameras. Works fine for me.
Orange. = Dimmer

So that leaves this one which not even Scosche knows what it’s for!

Yellow/Black. = NOT USED.

Now down the loom a bit there are 3 wires with straight joiner terminals on them and a fat black one:

Black. = ?? (Labeled -SWC GND). Most likely for an aftermarket SWCModule

Brown. = (Labeled -SWC KEY 1). To Kenwood Lt Blu/Yel SWC wire

Grey. = ?? (Labeled -SWC KEY 2). Most likely for an aftermarket SWCModule
Black. = 3.5mm Jack Lead for SWC on non-Kenwood Head Units.

And lastly the wire on the antenna adapter

Blue. = Wire to the other Blue wires in both the HU and Scosche looms.

So there we are. Anything else anyone can add to help get these kits in and fully functional please post. I’ll edit this post so all the wiring connections are in one place and easy to find.

Install completed. See posts 54 on.
If anyone else is considering this please contact me and I’ll help as much as possible.

Last edited by mchaggis; 08-21-2018 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Corrected info regarding the Blue wire
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote