View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Lightbulb Attn: ALL VENDORS -- Parts Request

There are parts that we want, but you won't build them until we tell you that we want them. Vendors need to know what the market wants in order to offer the products in demand. Without expressing demand in a consolidated way, we will never get what we want from the aftermarket.

This thread is a way to express what we want from the aftermarket.

If you are a vendor, this is an opportunity for you to directly respond to these requests by stating that you can provide the products we want.

I will start by providing my list of requests.

Audio Wants
• USB jack kit for glove box or other concealed locations
• auxiliary input jack kits for glove box or other concealed locations
• iPod charging and playing jack for glove box or other concealed locations
• all necessary hardware for aftermarket head unit wiring (a big issue with new GM cars, many willing to pay a lot for alternative options
• custom subwoofer boxes for the trunk
• custom subwoofer boxes for the center of the rear seat

Body Wants
• body kits (keep them functionally aerodynamic and lightweight)
• wide body kits (once again, aerodynamic and light)
• concept mirrors
• dovetail spoiler (like the one GMPP has yet to release)

Engine Wants
• LLT engine build kits (amazing V6 wants makeover)
The aftermarket has embraced the LS3 very well. I'm very happy to report that any parts I could want are available somewhere. Keep bringing these parts to the table.

Exhaust Wants
• side exit exhaust
I'm pretty impressed with the options available. I could not be happier with the quality options already in production.

Forced Induction Wants
• nitrous oxide kits
• multiple turbocharger kits
I am happy to report that supercharger kits are available from some very reputable companies.

Interior Wants
• aftermarket ambient lighting options (multiple colors, LED preferred)
• HUD
• smaller rearview mirror with OnStar button relocation kit (especially for fully loaded models with huge mirrors)
DSV Customs has worked very hard to present us with a variety of leather-wrapped and kevlar interior options. I'm sure that more options will become available, but this market seems to be dominated by quality parts from a particular vendor.

Lightweight Wants
• carbon fiber roof with reverse mohawk (should match existing roof)
• carbon fiber Bumblebee hood (based on Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
• carbon fiber aerodynamic body kit (verify aero improvement with windtunnel tests)
• carbon fiber stock body panels
• carbon fiber trunk
The Camaro is pretty heavy, although it is also powerful enough to make weight a non-issue. That being said, having lightweight parts will help some drivers compensate for what they feel is harming their performance. Light parts will sell, even if they are expensive.

Suspension Wants
Pedders has already developed a superior suspension. If you want to compete, I welcome the effort.

Vendors, use this list and other suggestions to follow in posts as a guide to help you develop parts that we will buy. The Camaro community is eager to buy parts as soon as possible. Build us some good parts, and price them well. You can expect to have a lot of happy customers if you treat Camaro5 right.

I lastly want to go ahead and refer viewers of this thread with aftermarket questions to visit the Camaro5 wiki. There are a lot of quality products listed there.
warn 145:159 ban

Last edited by The_Blur; 06-25-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo