View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #9103
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnyd View Post
how about comparing a CTSV to a CTS. Its going to be the same except for the performance, and thats the piece we are agreent to "remove" to parlay into a corvette.

And CTSV Sedan starts at 64,800 before GG tax, but not before 4.5k discounts dealerships are offering, so lets say 62k pre sales tax for a CTS-V vs. 38-rebates = 34k for the same CTS (the cts starts at 35,9), therefore exact same luxury experience. (you can option both up a bit and it will be similar). Factor in gas and we're talking 47k difference, which is almost 10k less than the difference between a new Z06 and its 5 year resale.

In fact that 10k can option up the CTS Sedan to have more luxury features than the CTSV would have had.
I'm late in this debate, but I understand all these number are about "investment and return on investment". What percentage of people purchase a car for ROI only? I think some numbers are a little 'soft' but this conversation seems to be going in different directions. But the purchaser will have many more things that outweigh this one factor of ROI. Ride, looks, options, spouse approval, etc. Just my .02 in here.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote