View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanaso View Post
Wow, alot I like and alot I don't.

Mind you, I don't know the official price but if it's not competitive then this will be a mistake. Has GM forgotten what these cars stood for since their inception? Affordable performance car for the common person and if that formula is broken with the Camaro I think it will be a stupid move on their part. I keep hearing he upscale, upmarket, premium, etc etc and I can't help but worry that GM is about to make a mistake. BUT...I'll hold off the disappointment button until I hear more.

Also, 3700 pounds for the V6!!!!!!!!!!!!

3900 pounds for he V8!!!!!!!!

GM!!! GM!!!!!! What happened to "oh the weight, don't worry about that..." The worry was justified and I'm sorry but this is my biggest disappointment. People, that's only 100 pounds off of the heavy G8 GT. It's even heavier than the GTO with about the same HP.

So far, this is the biggest disappointment by far! Weight hurts handling, performance, and fuel economy so this seems like a poor job of keeping the weight low. Geeezzzz, all this premium, upscale, etc etc talk...I'd trade in the interior for the crappy 80's interior to save 300-400 pounds off this car.

If the Vette is rated at 16/26 coming in at 3,100 pounds how in the world can a 3,900 pound car get anything even close to that. Heck, even the V6 coming in at 3700 (compared to the CTS coming in at 3875) will have poor fuel economy considering the CTS gets only 16/25 which is nothing to right home about.

I'm very disappointed in the weight!

I thought the Mustang coming in at 3500 pounds was too heavy, with these numbers it's actually the nimble one in the group while the GT500 is a FAT HOG like the SRT8 also. Instead of breaking from the ever fatter approach (which is counter to the problems we are facing with gas, weight is the #1 reason for poor gas) GM simply dropped the ball on this one.

Sorry folks, I love the car and I don't want to rain on your joy but it just does not make sense to me.

My hope, is that this information is wrong but I'll hold off coming to conclusions till it's official. If it' true, GM...what in the world were you thinking!
I'm definetly getting the Camaro RS now...