View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #19
chillin014

Drives: C5 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Your best bet is to use a seller like CarMax. They have a few 1LEs come in every once in a while. I got mine from them. Figure around 800 to 1000 to transport the car if the car is located polar opposite to your location Mine was in New Mexico and had it shipped to NJ for 840.

CARMax didn't jerk me around like the dealerships. When I did find a good one, by the time I got the service history and option codes sent to me, someone always bought it locally. They also wanted a commitment (bill of sale) to hold the car even before I could check it out.

At carmax, the fastest way to verify the car is to get them to take a picture of the option codes located in the trunk under the carpet on the driver's side. They don't have access to Chevy's computer systems so you'll just have carfax. Once I verified it, i had them ship it to a Carmax in NJ. You're under no obligation to buy it but you'll be out the transfer cost if you don't like it. They won't sell it until you either buy the car or pass on it. They are pretty good with the cars they sell. Mine was as pictured, as advertised. Also, they have a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty that covers the clutch. A certified pre owned camaro's clutch isn't covered under it's extended warrantee. There is no haggling and BS dealer games with them. The car purchase experience was like buying an appliance from an Apple-like store. Carmax has a really good operation and I think they will be the future of buying used cars.

I will never go to a car dealer to buy a used car again.

They even do the goofy thing with the bow...can you tell I just wanted to get the hell out of there and drive it?!
[IMG]httphttps://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=939438&stc=1&d=1528168 627[/IMG]
haha! Yes I am looking on all websites right now and beginning to realizing nationwide car-shopping is quite common these days. I certainly see the value in a 1-stop shop as far as purchasing, financing, shipping, etc. Plus I absolutely despite dealing with salesmen. Now it's just a matter of finding exactly what I want for the price I want. Plus I'd have to talk my wife into the concept which might not be so easy.
chillin014 is offline   Reply With Quote