View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hello Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who put up with (or ignored!) my rants over the past 3 months. I take back everything bad I said about GM....

My car Vin 1080, 2SS/RS Silver) finally arrived at my dealer this past friday. He was covered in pre-inspection dust and gunk but was still the sexiest car in the lot.

Special thanks to CAMARO RICK. He knew exactly where my car was this week and accurately tracked it from Oshawa to my dealer. (As a final stab, my dealer told me last week to expect delivery in JULY, and GM said "It's on hold". Sigh...)

To thank Camaro Rick for actually HELPING me I promised to give him a call once I pickup my car and drive over to his home or work and shake his hand. (We'll take some pics and post them here). When he gets his Camaro we'll definately get together again for more pics, and hopefully some cold beers shared with a new friend.

So the car arrived on Friday but as it was Friday, the dealer-prep procedure could not be finished until Monday. IT FIGURES, but it didn't matter that much...

I got in the car. My 6'3" 190lbs body fit perfectly inside it. Lots of headroom, and lots and lots of legroom after a quick adjustment. The seats (leather) are the nicest I have ever tried. (I hope they feel this good after long drives).

When I fired it up I was REALLY surprised. Did it start? Oh wait I hear it.. the new Camaro is SO QUIET! No kidding, I had to open the door to properly hear it and even then it was much more quiet than I expected.

Before anyone scoffs at this, hear me out. I replaced the exhaust on my Trans-am with a "loudmouth" system and I HATED it. It was so damn loud and "rude". 1 Week later I swapped it for something better of course. Today I really appreciate low noise inside the cockpit and I think once you try it, you won't miss the ROAR of other less refined cars...

Anyway, I FINALLY pick it up on Monday. I plan to take lots of pictures and video and will post them all here.

If you are still waiting for your Camaro, like everyone else here has said, Don't give up - your car will come soon, and it is definately worth the wait. (I'm saying all this and I haven't even driven the thing yet..!)

Cheers!
Good for you, and now the fun starts, I know i got 621Mi on my car
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote