View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
mel1
Yeah buddy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
This issue was resolved in 2011 Camaro's. They come with the improved timing chain. It is a very common issue in 2010's. A friend of mine had his replaced recently around the 50k mile mark in his 2010 LLT Camaro. Not sure about other GM LLT engine bearing vehicles though. I would imagine by now this has been resolved.
Had the same issue when I had my 2008 Pontiac G8 v6. Engine kept throwing camshaft/crankshaft codes. The dealer had to take my engine out 3 times to replace the "Stretched Out Timing Chain", they said. Only had 14,000 miles on it....dang. The CTS, Traverse, SRX, etc., all shared that same engine at the time and each had similar problems. And they told me that they put the "New and improved", timing chain in and it didn't make a difference. They also told me that the chain was spinning freely on the shaft....which made it appeared to be "Stretched" out. So they even tried the washer spacer on the shaft to take up some slack on the "new and improved chain". I was done dealing with that car by then...

2010 SS IOM L99,Heritage grille,Rear Bowtie Delete
mel1 is offline   Reply With Quote