View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Pretty much since getting the car I’ve notice this odd sound from under it, like a knock / tap sound (cannot really explain it). The sound only happens after the car has sat for a few minutes and only happens once within the 1st block the car is driven and under light acceleration, after that it will not happen again. It’s almost like something is adjusting or releasing itself.

The sound it not overly loud just a quick, light knock / tap then done. It’s driving me nuts. At 1st I though was my exhaust, but I have sine put a Corsa on and it still there. I’ve looked under the car fully and cannot see anything loose or hitting.

Any ideas?
nyrfan,

Sorry to hear about that tap/knocking sound you're experiencing. That definitely sounds irritating and worrisome. Have you been to a GM dealership to get this checked out? I will happily schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. Feel free to PM me regarding this matter. I look forward to hearing from you!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care