View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #43
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Read the news, shipping out known defective or hazardous products happens all the time (not naming companies, but there are widely know cases involving tires, body armor, magnetic toys, cribs, etc). Companies are ran by people both honest and dishonest, ethical and non ethical. This even happened on this forum with a vendor no longer on here. I work for a place that deals with filing civil suits and returning money to harmed parties. You'd be surpirsed at the lengths people go to when they're desparate.
Exception to the rule....

Over this recession most of those companies were weeded out. It's easier to fail and harder to succeed these days wether you own a pet shop, a bakery or you're an auto parts dealer.

Some are/were too big to fail but those companies that do things right are the ones that made it through. With social media and the overall public knowledge and word of mouth has made it borderline impossible for companies to get away with this and survive for long.

Agreed that there are idiots and bad companies out there "getting away" with things, but in this case.....I just see a sour person throwing Maggie under the bus bc of what happened.

Looks like most of us see it for what it's worth: A company that had a product they sold fail .....and immediately replaced for the consumer at no cost(per their warranty). But to EXPECT them to pay for labor and when they did not......to very publically slay them for upholding their warranty...