View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
For those on the fence about purchasing a Z/28...

Like Nike says.. JUST DO IT! You will not regret it. The car is simply amazing and the more you drive it, the more you start to realize just how great it is.

Having said that, here are my few words of caution (even if going for a test drive)...

1. The Trofeo tires are slick as snot when cold
2. The tires are very wide and will follow every groove, undulation, etc (at least Trofeos will... have heard other tires not as much).
3. You must be in control of the car. It has a mind of it's own, but it will reward you nicely if you are in control. If not, it will bite you..and possibly quite hard.
4. When driving you really should have both hands on the wheel (even the Stig will tell you so...). This is especially true when driving aggressively or over rough terrain. Case in point... today I was driving on 2 lane road (60 MPH speed limit) with a very uneven surface. I hit a spot that pulled the car hard to the left (toward center of the road toward oncoming traffic). If I had been driving like Joe Cool with my left wrist plopped over the steering wheel and right elbow on the center console the car may have jumped over the center line. When driving, it's not just your safety at stake.

Not trying to scare anyone away... just telling it like it is. I had a Boss 302 Laguna Seca and a ZL1 (both a lot more hard core than your average car) and the Z/28 is 3-4 notches above them from a "hard core" perspective. This is why I believe there a lot of them for sale with very low mileage. People just didn't know what they were buying. So, if you are considering a purchase, you will not regret it (assuming you are sure you can handle it's hard core nature), but I'd recommend that you go slow and easy in the beginning, and really get to know the car and it's unique characteristics.

Fellow owners...weigh in with your words of advice/wisdom!

Last edited by JUSTIFIED; 01-01-2016 at 06:48 PM.
JUSTIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote