View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #149
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if this is about launch control and wheel hop alone.

Maybe there's no defective parts to report on. Maybe every M6 Camaro SS will break if you use launch control and/or encounter wheel hop.

And then you were abusing the car, so the warranty is void. Boy, this sounds familiar.

Is that why there's no inside answers?

Patiently waiting for info. Thanks.
If you are correct, then how are future models being fixed? I think it is a single machine out of perhaps 3 or 4 that made these shafts from the supplier and they simply got rid of or fixed the machine. (If they only had one machine performing the task and the problem lies with the metal itself via impurities etc, then there would be no way of knowing exactly how many are affected. However if a couple machines were used and the metal is all the same quality, then it would be easy to calculate how many Camaro's will have faulty parts that may fail under certain conditions like launch control or anything else causing wheel hop that could snap the faulty part. I do remember in one thread the replacement shaft was thicker.. If that is so, then are all of them being installed thicker? I guess what we would want to know is if the problem really is fixed and if so how? Or else camaro5's theory may be the most logical of all the theories.