View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #150
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I strongly recommend NOT using launch control. yes its a cool feature to have, as is traction control and stability control. but if you are going to the track or are going to pound on the car, turn off stability control and traction control. granted torque management will still be there, but dont use launch control.

Ok, this confuses me. So if I drive the car hard, it is better to turn off stab and trac control off and this is done by tapping the button 2 times, correct? or holding the button down for 7 seconds?

if you are going to race this car, or drive "spiritedly" turn off all that stuff. it is there to assist you when your wheels lose traction, or you lose control of the car due to unpreventable circumstances. keeping those systems active while trying to push the car is counter active. you are trying to push the car, the car is trying to keep you from pushing it

ok, I must be tired but this confuses me even more. Now I am taking your statement above to mean "turn everything off by holding down the button of 7 or so seconds to turn EVERYTHING off" which to me, would be contrary to your previous recommendation. ??
Can someone please educate me on this? I may launch the car hard and do some spirited driving from time to time but I want to lessen the chance of breaking the shaft due to wheelhop, etc. So, so should I
  • leave everything on (dont press the button at all)
  • press the button 2 time (turn off Stability and Traction controls OFF)
  • press and hold the button for 7 seconds (turns everything off)