View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehave View Post
Sorry about the ticket Steve....did you not explain to him the relevance of your name and recent Camaro history....its GM code..

By the way what did you use. The new "Chally" needs something like that on the lower grille. I have one of those retractable plates on the Camaro....but I think if I get one of those...the wife will tear it off in no time, on a curb or something I guess dodge mounts the bracket right from the factory?

Anyways,....details on your procedure / parts list?
Last fall, I lost my retractable plate holder in a touchless carwash, can't remember if it was in the upright position or not .
Thankfully it was recovered, all in tact and no damage anywhere; three years no issues, now this. .

I'm afraid next time it might fall off while driving, I don't see any issues underneath, where it was attatched, so can't figure out why it came off.

I'm contemplating whether I should put it back on, or do a more permanent fix (i.e. plastic ties used for wires).
I pushed my luck for the first year, driving without a front plate at all, had it up on the dash, and never had issues in York Region. However, it seems the horror stories are in the jurisdictions all around me, especially Peel.