View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexw View Post
Hey man, long time no see.

Considering it, but I had an aftermarket set a while back and they didn't hold up. Swirls and scratches, some loss of shine, etc. Just looked beat after a while. Vinyl plus install will be 2-300, and painted stripes + clear average 800-1k. And if I have to do stripes twice in 10 years, then it's close.

So yeah, want to talk with some local shops and get quotes, see what can be done before I decide.
I had mine done at Auto Graphics in Manheim. The owner Bill Yeager did mine. He is a perfectionist with doing vinyl stripes. When I polish the car, I also polish the stripes. They have held up for 11 years. One thing about vinyl is if something happens to any part of it, it can be replaced.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote