View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
1 BADD 1LE
Black Widow

Drives: 2014 Camaro 427SS
Lethal Racing "Black Widow" Phase 2

So we finally completed the second phase of the Lethal Racing Black Widow build...Just to recap, our first build (pics included) consisted of a stock bottom-end 376ci LS3 which held a Lethal Racing Night Fury 115 LSA Cam Package, beefed up stock LS3 Cylinder Head internals, SW 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers, and a Whipple 2.9L Supercharger at 13psi boost with Methanol Injection...that set-up made 800rwhp with the TR-6060 transmission...We took that car to Camaro5 Fest this year in Baytown, TX and represented well, and also did a photo shoot for Camaro Now magazine. That mag article came out in the latest edition (Fall 2014) 3 weeks ago.

After returning from Camaro5 Fest, we tore the car down and sold most of the Phase 1 build parts...

Fast Forward 6 months later...Now the car is outfitted (pics included) with an ERL Superdeck 427ci LS3 Turbo X race engine at 9.9 compression ratio. The engine is set-up to withstand a ton of boost with a fully forged rotating assembly which consists of a Callies Dargon Slayer Forged Crankshaft, Callies Ultra Billet Forged Rods, and Wiseco Forged Pistons. We went with a much more aggressive Camashaft for this build utilizing Lethal Racing's Night Fury design with a custom grind and 113 LSA. The Fuel System consists of an Aeromotive 1500hp set-up using the Injector Dynamics ID1300 Fuel Injectors for spray. A set of PRC 260mm 6-Bolt 1/2" studded Cylinder Heads sits on the top end to allow 25psi boost (Phase 3) to flow through them. W e added a trick set of real carbon Fiber Valve Covers to set off the head display. Attached to the cylinder heads are a custom set of Black Ceramic Coated 1-7/8" Stainless Work Off-road Long Tube Headers. The induction system includes the FAST LSXR 102mm Intake Manifold with a Nick Williams Racing 102mm Billet Throttle Body and a Cold Air Inductions CAI to filter the air. For break-in purposes, we are running the set-up N/A for a few hundred miles on a mild tune. I've also changed the appearance of the Black Widow just a little. I've removed the MPD1 Ram Air Hood and installed a VFN Sunoco 4" hood. I added the 2015 Z/28 Style rear spoiler. I also removed the custom "Supercharged 1LE" emblems and installed some custom "427" emblems - Not stickers as my wife calls them!!!

In a few weeks, we will be jumping in to the Phase 3 (final) of the build. That will include installing the power adder by way of a Vortech YSI blower to force feed 25psi into this 427ci monster. We will also be adding a Stage Vl built TH-400 tranny by RPM, a Tranzilla Billet SFI rated Bell Housing with the TCI 3500 Stall Converter, custom trans brake and line lock set-up. A full BMR sub-frame support will also be added to prevent the frame flex this torque monster set-up will be producing.

We are shooting for 1100-1200rwhp on this build and will try and hit some low 8sec ET's if we can grab some asphalt! After that, she will be my show/street car to enjoy cruising around town and wiping on in the garage...stay tuned!!!
A video of our Phase 2 build below vvvvv!!!

Attached Images

100% Lethal Racing Built/Tuned/Maintained

*Black Widow Camaro 427SS*
1 BADD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote