View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 02:22 AM   #30
Fusionofideas

Drives: 2015 Z28, C7 Corvette, Evo X
So after the first run with the new calipers I want to give a debrief on the Racing Brake Calipers and pads. I ran the Brembo system for an entire year and was satisfied overall. The Racing Brake 2 piece forged calipers provided more braking power and doing so more consistently over the OEM system. When braking it feels as if there is a 50% increase in braking power bite and ability as well as a smoother transition.
The other component of note is the sintered metallic pads and the use of them on the Carbon Ceramic Rotors. I ran the CCR for an entire season and now have switched to the Racing Brake Sintered Pads and have seen their claim of the sintered pad adding a layer to the CCR as well as healing the fractures caused by the OEM pad. I ran the car for 6+ hours at the last event at Buttonwillow 13CW in both Time Trial and Race Group sessions ranging from 20-35 mins each over 2 days. The brakes responded flawlessly every session. There were no instances of brake fade and the brakes had very aggressive bite. I have a little over a millimeter left on the pads on all 4 corners.
I consider braking still one of the areas of most improvement as a racer and for faster lap times however my previous best time was a 2:04 and I was able to trim that down to a 1:55.
Fusionofideas is offline   Reply With Quote