View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent5 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have a Procharged Camaro SS for about 1.5 years now with 0 issues. Today I was on the highway, 3rd gear and smashed the throttle, felt the engine lose power and then regain it (misfire?). Immediately after I had a service stabilitrack warning which turned off after a few seconds leaving only the engine light, which also went away after several more seconds.

When I got home I looked it up here on the forum and saw others that this happened to and took it out for another spin, I couldn't re-produce the problem. I also checked all the plugs to the ignition coils and looked for any codes but things were clear.

Thoughts? Is it reasonable that this could happen once in a blue moon? I have a moderate tune from Procharger, no knock retard, nothing special, just 7.5 PSI boost.

Appreciate ideas in advance!
I have never personally experienced this but I have read that others who have say it was valve float and it did it a few more times and then the ring lands went and bent connecting rods...not saying this to scare you but this sounds like what happened to TRC-SS. Check his build Thread out post #895 and continue reading a bit from there and see if it Sounds familiar to what you experienced.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...139044&page=64

Good luck!

-Ryan
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote