View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #103
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Great job Pete and crew !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
For the record, I spend more money shipping all the equipment to the track and back than the cost for a vendor to display at the FEST. The moderators asked me what we should call the CamaroCross years ago. I choose to call it the Camaro5 CamaroCross. The FEST is a social event for Camaro5 members and that is as it should be. As much as I provide to the FEST, my contribution pales in comparison to the efforts of the CamaroCross TEAM.

It was my goal from the day I was approached to sponsor and run the CamaroCross event to build a CamarCross TEAM that can operate with or without me, with or without a sponsor. GTAHVIT and Mr. Wyndahm can confirm this. It has taken four years, but we have reached a point where the core members of the TEAM are so strong the CamaroCross can run without me. I am very proud of the CamaroCross TEAM. You are all AWESOME!
Being that this was my first Camaro Fest, I was impressed with the volunteer staff at the event and how well most of it went. I wanted to participate in both the drags and autox but it seems timing and the ability to be at two places at once was not possible. To make the auto cross event work, it took volunteers to work the corners when you was not actually driving the course, thus my choice to do my part to work the course took precedence over making the drag events on time (mostly bracket racing). I am not complaining as I choose what I wanted to be involved with the most and that was the Camaro cross event. I have been in only one Autocross event a few weeks prior to CamaroFest and it was a SCCA thing so I had to run against so many turbo charged ,all wheel drive cars that weighed less than half the weight of a Camaro so it was so nice to compete with other Camaros on the same platform. I am with Pete on how a driver mod is more important than which class you are competing in. My L99 Camaro has only lowering springs (installed mainly for looks) and a set of sway bars and it ran competitive times all weekend on stock Pzeros. So to Pete and his crew, my hat is off to y'all. I think you did a great job and deserve