View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have been keeping track on my car using Onstar and noticed it had been driven again so while I was out I swung by the dealership to see if it was ready. As I was pulling in the Service advisor was walking out and I stopped and he said it was there but he had not gotten a chance to check it out. So I went back to look it over. The first thing I noticed was the origional problem I had with my old top was back on the new top. I got in and put the top down, it wasn't any better than before and maybe worse. So I got the tonneau out, pushed the top down as far as it would go, then tried putting the tonneau on. Of course it didn't fit right. The sides were pushed up and it was so tight across the top that when you pulled the tonneau to the side on one side it came loose on the other.
I told the service advisor it wasn't right, he said well there are no adjustments, the top guy and him went over the instructions for an hour and could not find any adjustments. I asked him then "if this was your car would you accept it?
He said "Maybe, it depends." I said well it's not right. So then I took the tonneau off and went to put the top up. The frame arm on the passengers side still dropped too low when it came up. I said that's still not right it should be the same as the drivers side. Then he wanted me to latch it, well it still was too low. He tried to tell me the new ones were like that. I said no it's not right, this is not my first Convertible. He said ok I'll be right back. After a little while he came back and said that his service manager wanted me and him and the manager and the top guy to get together to discuss it. I knew that they only wanted to gang up on me to try to accept it as being right. I said no I think we need to get a factory field engineer in here to fix it right. He said GM doesn't send people out to fix them. I said well I know for a fact they do.
So then I said I was taking it to the next level. When I got home I PM'd William of Customer service and filled him in on what I expected.
I am now waiting to see how that goes.