View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I always feel like a need a shower after dealing with car salesmen.

They’re just so sleazy aren’t they? Even if they aren’t, it just feels like they’re lying and trying to screw you.

The wife and I went and bought a brand new, 2018, car. (Doesn’t matter what kind, how much or where from.)

We did our research and went in with a fair offer which to we negotiated to a very good price and on top of that they knocked off another $500 off because we’re military. That took all of 20 minutes. Everybody was happy. Honestly it was a good deal. So take this as more of an experience than a complaint.

We were very easy customers, no games, no lowballing, no trade in, no financing no threats of leaving...just two people trying to buy a fu€king car. The deal was a tad under with “what others are paying” and a little better than others we know with similar or the same car. We were cool with deal, told them we were happy and we wanted the car. However......

We went there knowing EXACTLY what car we wanted in the color we wanted. Took it for a test drive. It had ten miles on it. Let’s do the deal. Would you believe the salesman never stopped selling us the car? Why upsale a car that’s already sold? He wouldn’t shut up about how great the car is and all the things we could do with it , and here’s the kicker....without us ever asking, we never, not once asked...nor do we give a tiny rats a$$, how we got such a great deal and they only made $18.00 on the sale.

$18.00? Now here’s a number that will live infamy. The sales manger came out to congratulate us on such a great deal and that they only made $18.00 on the deal. Another salesman told us what a great deal we got and they only made $18.00 on the deal...the paperwork guy shook his and said “wow” and told us what a great deal we got and the dealership only made....you guessed it...$18.00.

I almost offered them another $20 to STF about the $18.00! Why does it always feel like car salesmen are pi$$ing down your back and telling you it’s raining? They went out of their way to explain to us how they gave us such a great deal selling volume or something like that...we weren’t listening. We just wanted to go eat lunch. Then take that shower.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote