View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
TinyToasta, The stock mufflers will rob no power. They will be relatively quiet at idle and cruise but really come on under hard acceleration. Our ARH axle back is a great alternative if you don't want any rasp, which the stock mufflers seem to have under hard acceleration. The ARH mufflers won't get you harrassed when cruising around town but will shake the walls when you're banging gears. Bottom line, either will work but the ARH system doesn't rasp. Hope this helps.

Nick
That helps a lot, thx Nick.

I'm really leaning towards going for the whole thing (Cam / Headers). Starting off with the LMII on and switching to OEM mufflers if noise is getting "out of control". The cam just might add that crucial idle noise, without taking it beyond at higher revs... sure sounds like a plan to me, as long as it's just a tad above the "reasonably silly" German level

The stage2 or stage3 question is still bugging me, though! Stage3 would surely take me closer to 500hp I guess, but is maybe just about too much....
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote