View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
Who joins a camaro site to bash a car? Actually, it wasn't like that at all. I've been following these threads for some time. I got an email directing me here and in the very first thread it says:
By Chevrolet's admission, the new Camaro must do more than compete with so-called pony cars--a.k.a Ford's Mustang and Dodge's Challenger. It must reach past aging muscle car enthusiasts to thrive. Chevrolet insists it will do that by chasing buyers who might otherwise choose a Honda Civic Si, a Scion tC or even a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. But most of that work must be done by the Camaro LS and LT.

I had my heart set on purchasing two camaros - one for my son and one for myself. He is in his 20s and wants a ricer - fine... I was just responding to the very first entry here. For someone in his 20s or 30s I'm sure they would purchase this on emotion. For someone in his 50s, I was purchasing for an entirely different reason. I was looking for a well-built retro looking car. I simply told you why I have decided not to buy one. Money is not an issue as I am financially retired. For me, it was a matter of what I would call 50ish male common sense. I looked at the thought process that went into the car and was not impressed. I have owned a lot of cars and I don't care who makes them or where they're made (camaro is assembled in canada and I think many of the engines are made in Mexico). But to see the weight problem, the tire issues (that had to be made by a committee as no one person could be that stupid), the battery location, modifying the cylinders in the V8 to add VCM capabilities, no spare tire... the list was just too long for me to overlook. For those who do purchase the vehicle, I wish them nothing but the best. I own a CTS with the 3.6 and I love it. I wish it had the additional horsepower of the camaro.
WELCOME to the site, and I hope you stay (and change your mind about the new Camaro )

I'm not sure I understand why you dislike some of the things you listed in your first post. There's nothing that could've been done with the weight, except use exotic materials (i.e. titanium, magnesium, carbon fiber, etc.) and that would've driven up cost past the demographic it is my understanding GM is trying to attract with this car. Why is the battery in the trunk a bad thing? It's better for weight distribution, and why is it a problem that there needs to be more room in the engine compartment? The modifications the the AFM are mostly limited to the valvetrain (mostly the cam, lifters, lifter valley) and PCM - what's wrong with that? It can be tuned out, but why would one want that unless it makes something else work less efficient? I can see the spare tire-thing though; that fix-a-flat's onyl going to get you so far, LOL. I love the idea on an aluminum hood, especially since the weight is the way it is.

All I know is they're you reasons, and hey, you'd be paying for the car, and if you're not happy with it, why have it? It's just not right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
A troll....or a jerk...take your pick. I never have and never will visit another car forum to make demeaning comments. Waste of time.
Keep comments respectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVThis View Post
I don't post much on this forum, but I read it all the time. There are a large number of people on this forum who get their panties in a bunch when someone mentions something slightly negative about the new Camaro. I'm really getting tired of everyone bashing someone that has a disenting view. Some of you guys need to lay off the Kool Aide. You're drinking way too much. This is coming from a 54 year old guy who has owned more than a view F bods.
You know, although I can agree with some points to a degree, this IS a Camaro site, and I think the majority of people here really like it and I don't think it's unexpected to get some of these reactions. I can see the point about only posting for the first time to show gripes or dislikes about the car and what that looks like, but this community needs to get back to finding mutual respect for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamimatt View Post
I dont think there is anything wrong with making a informed purchase. Using what you know instead of emotion is a good thing. This is part of why i am getting a V6 instead of V8 the 6 is better for me, but my emotion wants an 8. That being said remember something about the weight of the car, has to do with the new safety standards coming into play in a few years and cars will have to be safer= more metal=more weight. There are alot of things that manipulate the auto industry CAFE etc. Just remember GM didnt have to make the Camaro again, they chose to and there will be problems with any car and especially one we all love. So good luck on your import, and the man has every right to complain etc, thats why we are on this forum, to talk about how we feel good or bad. For me I cant wait to have my Camaro.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote