View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #214
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Yeah...I wouldn't worry about the integrity of welds....there is some thick metal there. If anything it's a PITA to get something to go through it. So if your looking for a mounting place, do it for ease of install.

You can see in my pictures that I put down some painters tape. Tried to get it as level as I could and marked some spots with a sharpie. I then put a self taping screw in what an air wrench. Even then it took a while of hard pressing. After using that screw to start my whole it was pretty much trashed. I used a fresh one on each whole and then an new one to actually mount it.

You need to hold the resivoir up to the battery post and see what hit looks like. One thing I like about it being on the strut tower is that it looks more like it came that way. You put in on that battery terminal and it might look like you added it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote