View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Ok guys... I'm gonna help make it clear how badly we need members to help us pull this off.

This is the first time we'll be doing this without any SCCA support... Thank God for Pete and his dealers who will be the core folks pulling this off.

So here is what I'm willing to offer.

We will give anyone that ends up on Pete's list as workers will get free entry into the fest for the entire weekend.

Pete you manage the list and what is an acceptable level of effort. It's up to you who makes the list.

In addition whomever steps up to be Pete's administrative "go to" person, will get some compensation from Camaro5 as well. I'm working on that now. I will post as soon as I know what it will be....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
we have to be careful about the word "instructors". Driving Instructors are specially licensed and we won't have any on hand that I know of...

But we will have plenty of experienced drives that will be able to take you for a few laps or to ride along with you if you'd like.

We may need to set up a special time for these runs if there is enough interest in ride alongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Pete, I would like to make a plea to the members who want to run the auto-X

This is run by a dude named PETE.. it's not a large professional setup, it's a bunch of Camaro dudes out to have a good time, Pete enjoys it, but he can't do it by himself. It takes a LOT of folks to make it work... the more folks, the easier it is on everyone.

If you want to run, you HAVE to help, at least with cones, or wherever Pete may need you at the time.

Make plans to have a small get together with your buddies at a corner or three, bring your lawn chairs and drinks (no liquor) and help with cones for a couple hours, you'll have the best seat in the house... also....many hands make for light work.

If you say you'll help, HELP! There were only three corner workers for the first morning last year, and it was a HUGE layout... It made for slow running, only one car on the track at a time, and delays resetting cones.

Schedule your time at the fest, if you want to run autoX in the am of the first day, plan on using the morning of the first day to help at the track.
You guys are GREAT. Thank you.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote