View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
SSL Callaway

Drives: 2011 Callaway SS Convertible
Bringing her home!

Somewhere amidst the rebel flags in Arkansas Melinda and I stopped at a very small eatery that looked more like an indoor concession stand and we shared a banana split. About halfway through our ice cream a man walked in, looked at me and said, "Do you own that there Camaro out there?" My heart sank into my stomach as the thought of a dent in my new baby flashed before my eyes. I managed to say "yes" and was immediately relieved when the man asked if he could take a picture with her. It turns out that our new baby is a true head turner and conversation piece. It was a two day trip home to Kansas City and we made a lot of new friends on the road and heard many many stories about random people's cars, lives, fishing and whatever topic they wanted to share as they stood admiring our new baby. I thought I knew about my latest purchase until I was thrown by a loop with questions such as, "I sell spark plugs. What kind of plugs you got in there?" Apparently I have a lot more to learn.

We stopped at the White River Inn in Arkansas (thanks to Moose and Tina for the great hospitality for Melinda, me and the Camaro) to spend the night and our baby had her first photo shoot. Here are the pictures. We had to go on a dirt road for the last half mile and we went no more than 5 miles per hour despite our being ready to settle in after a long day of driving.
Attached Images

Last edited by SSL Callaway; 07-09-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling
SSL Callaway is offline   Reply With Quote