View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #7
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I remember when you got the hood installed. I think the hood made the car unique. Looked great in her day! Sorry for your loss.

Total would be tough to call. Hopefully someone here with some insurance experience can have a better idea. One thing though is for certain...usually you don't want to take the first offer, because it's usually low.
Awe! Me too! She was a sexy little beast.

Thats what I have heard too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt; sorry about your Camaro. Not familiar enough to give any insurance advice, but I'm sure there are some here that can be helpful .... good luck.
I'm so thankful my husband wasn't seriously injured. There were so many things that could have gone wrong and made it worse (like the car shutting down in the middle of the free way during rush hour traffic and him having to push it off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
ouch..that hurts just looking at it..glad no one was hurt
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Oh no! At least your husband is OK.

As for the insurance company, make sure you let them know about all of the aftermarket parts you had installed, including paint work. If you can find your receipts for all of the work you had done, give them a copy. You should be reimbursed for all of the custom work you had done since their initial estimate will likely only be based on a 5 year old stock Camaro.

Time to start planning for a 6th gen...wasn't ordering supposed to start around mid-August?
Exactly.

I have all my receipts for my lights, my hood and my paint. What I don't have is my exhaust, my headers and sway bars. Which I wonder if they would consider those.

It depends on what I get for my car as to what I get. So we will see.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote