View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #40
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb21301 View Post
So I stopped reading most replies because it's just trolling drama.

To clarify, the car was 39k + NY tax which is almost 9% + $800 for nav + sunroof (which I forget the cost of) + Recaro seats (which was $2500ish I think) + gas guzzler tax (which is $1,500). Not sure if they charged me for RS package or if it came with the SS to be honest.

So yeah....Welcome to New York. But we make big money here too, so it's not a huge deal to spend said price. Back to the topic.....

I said before, I'm no mechanic by any means....but the rattle just doesn't sound like it's working as intended. The car is a few weeks old, has 509 miles on it, and is not my first stick shift. Maybe I am wrong, but a guy I work with said it could be a few different things.

The clutch plates
Throw out bearing
Loose heat shield

So I will keep trying to get it resolved.
there are a lot of trolls on here...I have a 2014 1le and I'll tell you that I get some clanking now and then when for example in 1st or 2nd moving at parking lot speeds, yes in a parking lot, when depressing the clutch and everyone says it normal. But I never hear any strange noise during normal acceleration so for the dealer to tell you that is normal is wrong....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk