View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #30846
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
I do. I took my firebird there and my Camaro (after the year's worth of free oil changes provided by the dealer) too.

I've taken it to the same store and have always found their service to be good and reliable. Plus I think the J.L. home office sends their guys to charm school. Some of the men I've dated could learn about courtesy and manners from the J.L guys!

Whaddup Sheriff ?
Let's see. It's been 5 years since I got laid off from my previous job. In that position I was assigned a company vehicle. We were only given a few choices on where we could take our fleet vehicles for oil changes. One was JiffyLube. So, one day I stopped there with the company vehicle on the way home. After the oil change they informed me that they had tested my radiator cap and that it would only hold 0 lbs pressure. The car had never overheated and still had plenty of antifreeze in the overflow bottle. So, I told them to forget about it. A few days later I happened to get into my wife's car and noticed that it was due for an oil change. So, I took it to the JiffyLube close to our home (a different JL). After the oil change they informed me that they had tested the radiator cap and that it would not hold any pressure. Again, I told them to leave it alone. I never had any problems with loss of antifreeze in that car.

My wife now drives an almost new Subaru. I took it in for an oil change today. They told me I needed a radiator cap! I detect a scam here. Guess what folks? I've never going to a Jiffy Lube again. And I'm spreading the word.