View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #84
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post

yeah lets judge GM, based on their stock prices thats only been on the market for a few months, Forget the long term that investors place emphisis on (which goes for all stocks) and throw out profitabilty while your at it. Anyone who don't do that is just a blind GM fanboy. I am sure glad we have Ford fans such as yourself which represents the epitome of being objective.
Current profit isn't the issue. Confidence in future profits is. I agree wholeheartedly that GM's cars are better than ever and if they can keep it up, they'll be just fine. However, a lot of the development that lead to these great cars was government subsidized. That's not to say they won't continue to do well, again these are just things that need to be proven to skeptical investors as the recent bankruptcy drives people to distrust more than trust. I'll hold off on addressing financials and fundamentals as I'm not super up to date on GM's at the moment, but I'll comment on those in a few days. I've been searching for the next F (made me the big bucks ) to put a nice chunk of change in and surprisingly, Mitsubishi is in the lead right now for me, but I am considering all the options and researching GM as well.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote