View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #20
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
I'm not trying to debate, I'm genuinely curious what that adds to the price of the car in your opinion. Your example states the same price, but I assumed you'd assign a higher value to the car in better condition.
But of course.

I wasn’t picking at you. Just picking on those, who know who they are and the up and comers priming themselves up

Yes, so you in theory you find two identically priced cars, identical in equipment.....

“You” being the smart consumer, will obviously negotiate the price on both cars, right? You would have nothing to lose, even if one was a GEM, and the other wasn’t.

For sure, I think, that you will have a better chance dropping the price of the non-gem one, versus the other. The final price difference between the two identical cars will be the answer to your question.

If i was the shopper, and found my dream second hand Camaro, yes, I could easily see myself literally taking out AT LEAST $2000 more out of my wallet, in appreciation of a gem. Perhaps even more.

As a seller, a gem car, would definitely be narrowing down your target audience you wish to sell to. This might add to seller deperation asking price. It also might not.

For a buyer, searching for that real garage queen, it is tougher than you think as well. This adds to the price drama in question.

There is a medium between seller desperation and buyer desperation, or lack of.

Spring or Fall also adds to the price variation.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote