View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #2123
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ah, if only.

Handling, stability, control, looks, etc............. Lot's of fun stuff I bought the car for.

Better question is why not? What do you think I lose by having them?

I gain in road MUCH more than I lose in strip.

My car is as powerful as it's going to get. So I'll set it up the best way I can for me. And part of that is to have as much fun with it as I can.

I'd put more power in it for mostly drag racing and set the wheels up strictly for that but having only run down the strip one time I have no business doing that. So I maximize my cars universal fun potential.

I still may get the Vossens though, but it would be more of a save money and still have a nice set-up thing. If Vossen did the same balanced set-up I'd do that.

I don't know enough about what is most beneficial as far as tire widths go up front for auto x or road racing. I guess I was asking to find out, not to criticize. I've heard that 20" wheels are a good choice for that (that's why I went for 20s for street driving). They're a good compromise between performance and looks too.

Is a 305 tire recommended for road racing? I would think it would cause the front tire to have less grip (fewer lbs. per square inch) digging into a curve. Although, it would have more contact patch. These things are always a compromise.

Personally, I like the look of a wide tire in the back and a 275 or 285 up front.

Does such a wide tire up front cause any issues during tight turns? I mean, is the wheel going to rub the wheel wells (especially on a lowered car)?

Good luck. I hope you are absolutely 100% happy with your choice of wheels and tires this time. Let's all put the Savini nightmares behind us.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote